Autistic blogs represent both diversity and commonality of Autistic perspectives. Below are suggestions for using the Actually Autistic Blogs List.
- The Autistic blogs search engine produces a Google search restricted to Autistic blogs. This can illustrate how Autistic people feel about a particular issue, movie, book, TV show, organization, institution, or person. For example, type “Atypical Netflix” or “Identity First” into the search bar to find out how Autistic people feel regarding the Netflix series “Atypical” or the issue of Identity-First vs. Person-First Language. If you recall reading something by an Autistic blogger but can’t find the link, this can aid finding it.
- Text searches can be used to find bloggers within a particular demographic or with specific co-occurring conditions.
- Find popular blogs (as determined by Alexa rank) listed near the top of the Actually Autistic Blogs List.
- Browse the alphabetical listing for appealing blog names.
- Find bloggers of various ages in the blogs sorted by age of blogger.
How do you use the Actually Autistic Blogs List? How can it become more accessible and useful? Please offer suggestions in the comments below.